Flatbroke Kounty

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Short update. The last garage door has been installed. YEHHHH!!! The water has disappeared (from our neighborhood), the temp has dropped, and the weekend was beautiful. There is still serious river flooding in the area. Linda & I brought back from Oklahoma a small cedar tree and plan to plant it somewhere....can't decide just where.

Personal note: When I was a youngster, very young, our pastor at Pine Grove Baptist Church was L. M. Westmorland. I read in today's Lufkin paper that his 89 year-old daughter just died. I wonder why that story has made me feel so sad. I never knew her, yet her passing reminded me of her Dad and how he looked just like President Eisenhower. Of course most of you do not know what the heck Eisenhower looked like!

Retirement: Linda & I have begun planning to retire in February of 2008. More news as things develop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home